City of Kingsland Social Media Policy
Social media sites operated by the City of Kingsland are a place where we want to foster positive communication between the city and the citizens. We are excited about sharing information about what we are doing within the department as well as what is happening around our great city. We are also excited to hear from members of our community.
Any individual accessing, browsing and using a City of Kingsland social media site accepts all terms and conditions. The City of Kingsland has the right to modify this policy at any time without notice. Any modification is effective immediately. The City of Kingsland maintains its social media sites as a public service to provide information only about City programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities. The City of Kingsland assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these social media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the Social Media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent or error-free.
While the sites are not monitored by the city 24/7, all comments and replies are read on a regular basis and will remain unreported or a user unblocked if in keeping with the city’s user guidelines. Our user guidelines are as follows:
1. Responses by the city to any comments from the public are limited to providing factual. information or a generic salutation. Moderators will not argue with any person who chooses to engage on this account.
2. New postings should be relevant, current and appropriate. Keep comments short and to the point.
3. Do not include personally identifiable information within your post. This would include but is not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers or other sensitive information.
4. Do not represent yourself as another person.
5. The City reserves the right to delete comments and/or posts that fall under the following categories:
- Posts and comments not topically related to City programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities;
- Posts and comments that promote or advertise commercial services, entities or products;
- Posts and comments related to political campaigns;
- Posts and comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, or receipt of public assistance;
- Posts and comments that include profanity, vulgarity, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks, unsupported accusations, intolerance and hate speech;
- Posts and comments that include references to violence, criminal activity, and use and abuse of drugs;
- Posts and comments that include dating and solicitation;
- “Adult Content” posts and comments including but not limited to obscene or sexual content, sexually explicit or graphic language or images or links to obscene or sexual content, illegal activity, or the encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public;
- Post or comments that include links to external sites; and
- Information that may violate ownership interests such as copyrights or trademarks.
6. Repeat violators are subject to being blocked from accessing the City’s social media pages.