How do I apply for tax exemptions?

1. For Senior Exemption ($25,000), apply with the City one time by August 1st , bring proof of age and residency. Homeowner must be 65 years of age on January 1 of the year for which exemption applies. 

2. For Disabled Veterans ($100,896), apply with the County; bring ID and proof of 100% disability and proof of residency. 

3. For Un-Remarried Surviving Spouse Exemption ($100,896) from all ad valorem taxes levied, if such person's spouse, who as a member of the armed forces of the United States, was killed or died as a result of any war armed conflict, apply with the County. Documents from the Secretary of Defense must be provided stating that spousal benefits are received as a result of the death.

Show All Answers

1. What exemptions are available for property taxes?
2. How do I apply for tax exemptions?
3. What is the City Millage Rate?
4. Can you pay your water bill or property tax bill online?
5. Do you offer a Senior exemption for water bills?
6. Do you offer a credit for water used for pool fills and lawn watering?