Camden County and the City of Kingsland have unified its economic development agencies under the County Joint Development Authority (JDA). This collaboration provides a centralized funding source for resources that will give our community the ability to attract quality jobs and increase the tax base.
The Camden County Joint Development Authority (CCJDA) Director is responsible for the development and coordination of all economic growth and diversification projects for the entire community. The CCJDA’s project manager assists in the coordination of all redevelopment projects on behalf of the City.
Economic Development operates to achieve the following objectives:
- Facilitate a balanced and diverse economic base for Kingsland.
- Encourage redevelopment efforts which improve or enhance the economic base of Kingsland.
- Support community-based workforce development strategies.
- Foster an environment supportive of businesses and entrepreneurial opportunities through attraction, creative inspiration, and innovation, retention, and expansion activities.
- Coordination of economic development incentive zones and programs.
- Assist the Kingsland Downtown Development Authority in planning and coordination of downtown development projects.
- Planning and coordination of community economic development grant projects.
- Provide staff support for the Kingsland Development Authority and their associated projects and programs.
State of Georgia
- Centers of Innovation
- Department of Community Affairs
- Department of Economic Development
- Department of Labor
- Department of Transportation
- One Georgia Authority
- Georgia Quick Start
- Georgia Ready (Weather Emergency Checklist)
- Georgia Small Business Development Center
- Small Business Administration
- US Department of Agriculture - Rural Development, Business and Industry Programs
- US Economic Development Administration