- Economic Development
- Downtown Development Program
Downtown Development Program
Downtown Development Department
Welcome to Historic Downtown Kingsland Georgia! Follow the red-brick sidewalks to charming shops and unique dining. Take a moment of reflection in remembrance at Kingsland Veterans Memorial Park or visit one of the downtown events held throughout the year.
Come and play in Historic Downtown Kingsland!
Small town events bring back great memories and feelings of hometown fun. Don’t miss out on the events scheduled throughout the year or stop in at the beautiful Kingsland Veterans Memorial Park open year-round. Historic Downtown Kingsland offers a few options for your dining pleasure. Unique venues that are one of a kind treasures in the Royal District.
Department Goals and Objectives
- 1. Ensure that all assigned personnel are utilizing varied tools to problem solve and perform efficiently while maintaining upmost safety protocols.
- Ensuring that our employees/board members are being trained and field ready.
- Using volunteers to fundamentally help further the community growth with events within the downtown boundaries.
- Actively support downtown business development and promote business retention.
- Procuring an environment for business to thrive within our downtown district.
- Advance and develop our downtown district for further develop a stronger community.
- Hosting improvement projects and events to better the quality of life for the citizens living in the City of Kingsland.
More information available at:
- Contact us at 912-729-5613
- Kingsland Royal District on Facebook
- Email Downtown Department
Kingsland Downtown Development Authority
The Kingsland Downtown Development Authority (KDDA) district encompasses the Historic District of Kingsland and the adjoining areas that contribute to the character of downtown. The mission of the KDDA is to partner with the City of Kingsland and other public and private organizations to foster the historic preservation and economic revitalization of downtown Kingsland’s Royal District. The KDDA is responsible for the creation and implementation of a revitalization plan that results in a thriving local economy and a unique sense of place. This will be accomplished through the professional leadership of the seven-member Downtown Development Authority, the downtown program staff, and community volunteers.
For more information on public authority board meetings, visit KingslandGeorgia.com.
The City Council appoints the members of the Authority as vacancies arise. If you are interested in volunteering your time to serve on this board, criteria information is available online HERE. City of Kingsland Citizen Board Applications are available HERE.
Downtown Development Authority Programs
Kingsland Catfish Festival
This charming Coastal Georgia town comes alive with food, entertainment & arts during the annual Kingsland Catfish Festival. Held on the streets of historic downtown Kingsland, this November event has been a favorite among locals and visitors alike for over 40 years.
For more information, visit KingslandCatfishFestival.org
Kingsland Homegrown Market
2nd Saturdays | Downtown Kingsland
Support your local artisans, makers, bakers, and growers!
The Kingsland Homegrown Market proudly features homegrown goods and crafts made by local artisans. This market is held on every second Saturday of the month, near the corner of W. Williams and S. Lee Street (US Hwy 17).
For more information, Facebook.com/downtownkingsland
Downtown Facade Grant Program
The Kingsland Downtown Development Authority (KDDA) established a grant program to encourage meaningful exterior improvements to properties and promote economic development in the KDDA district. This reimbursement grant is intended to preserve and restore historic properties and details and encourage projects which are compatible with Downtown’s historic character.
For program guidelines and criteria, download the Downtown Façade Grant Program brochure <HERE>
Kingsland Mudcat Crawl
More info coming soon!