News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/5/2018 5:52:00 PM to 7/6/2018 9:07:59 AM.
Posted on: July 5, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Flag Disposal Boxes Placed Throughout the County
The City of Kingsland is pleased to announce the placement of a several flag disposal boxes for the convenience of local residents. Led by Reid Fournet, as part of his Eagle Scout project, flag disposal boxes are being placed across Camden County for residents to retire their worn, tattered, ripped, or soiled flags.
City of Kingsland Flag Disposal Bin Locations:
- Kingsland Welcome Center (outdoor & accessible 24-hours/day), 1190 Boone Ave in Kingsland GA
- Kingsland City Hall (indoor & accessible only during business hours), 107 S Lee Street in Kingsland GA
- Kingsland Veterans Memorial Park (outdoor & accessible 24-hours/day), 200 E King Ave in Kingsland, GA
Additional locations of Flag Disposal Bins:
- St Marys Submarine Museum (indoor & accessible only during business hours), 102 W St Marys Street in St Marys GA
- Camden County Government Services Complex, outside of the Tax Commissioner’s Office (indoor & accessible only during business hours), 200 E 4th Street in Woodbine GA
- Fleet & Family Services Office at NSB Kings Bay (indoor & accessible only during business hours), 920 USS James Madison Rd, Bldg #1051 at NSB Kings Bay
Nationally, the flag disposal boxes are a partnership between the National Association of Counties (NACo), the National Flag Foundation, and the National Sheriff’s Association. Locally, Reid Fournet of Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Troop 208 in Kingsland, the Coastal Georgia BSA Council, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8385 are partnering to properly retire flags. There is contact information on each flag disposal box for patrons to call if the box fills between the periodic checks.